Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do you sugru? I do!

My phones on sugru. Or sugru on my phones.
My introduction to sugru was a dozen packets of various colors, called the
SMART HACKS SUPER PACK

This stuff was sent to me for free because of my contributions to instructables.com
You should check out both, if you haven't already.

These are just few of the nifty hacks I've used sugru, for.
I made custom anti-shock skins for my iPhone and my Samsung Captivate

The stuff is pretty awesome. It feels like play dough but dries like rubber.


My friend Debi asked me to make one for her Captivate.

She is a writer and asked me to do a tome and quill thing.
I'm no sculptor, but I did my best. Hey, at least she didn't insist on a dragon! She would have ended up with something like TROGDOR!

I also modified my laptop riser stand to more securely hold my laptop in place.
Before?
Before it would start to slide off if it got jiggled or jostled even a little bit.
The stand was clearly not intended to support this 17.3" monster.

Now?
Thanks to a single packet of sugru it is ideal!
Now I think it will stay put, even through a major earthquake.
Too bad I can't confidently say the same for my entire state. :(